Thursday, February 21, 2013

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (#6)

My first impression of this film was pulling the DVD out of its sleeve, seeing the actors printed on it, and realizing "Man, these kids have really grown up!"

And it was wonderful.

*Spoiler Alert*

In case you don't remember the book, this is the one where:

  • Hermione is jealous that Ron has a girlfriend for most of the movie
  • Harry is jealous that Ginny has a boyfriend for most of the movie
  • Both get their intended mates by the end of the movie
  • Harry finds a potions book that used to belong to "the half-blood prince" and uses its cheat-sheets all the way through the movie until nearly the end
  • The book ends up being Snape's
  • Snape makes an unbreakable promise to protect Malfoy / finish any Dark Lord business Malfoy may need him to do 
  • Because of this, Snape kills Dumbledore
  • Helena Bonham Carter is terrifying, as usual
See it!  See them all!  Read all the books!  Love love love!  I was late to the game because the whole premise of the whole series sounded idiotic to me.  But I loved all of it as soon as I succumbed.

Availability: DVD only (Boo!!!!)
Released: 2009
Reason I watched it: It's Harry Potter, dude.  It's good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Hang on. When did you come around on the Harry Potter thing? I had NO IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Carpenter made me see the first movie with him, and ever after that I have read the books (although it took me like 11 years) and am working my way through the movies! Love!

    ReplyDelete