Monday, June 17, 2013

Sombre

I did not like this movie and I do not recommend you like it.  I am listing the events here for myself, in case I ever for any reason am tempted to watch this again.
  • French
  • Serial killer of prostitutes picks up a young woman who is stuck in a broken-down car in the rain
  • Later, rapes the woman (a virgin) in front of her sister
  • Takes her out to a club and forces her to get wasted
  • She finally gets away
  • Sees him again in the road and *voluntarily* has sex with him
  • He forces a passerby to drive her home
  • She claims he is her abusive husband who is actually a really nice guy
  • Finally, finally, FINALLY, the movie ends
Having volunteered in the ER with victims of rape and domestic violence, I was irritated with this film on several levels.  Did not enjoy.

Format: DVD
Released: 1998
Added to my queue: 4/16/2008
Reason added to my queue: I wish I knew.  

No comments:

Post a Comment