Friday, June 7, 2013

Border Radio

This movie was pretty bad.

Inexplicably in black and white (trying to be artsy?), it depicts an L.A. rocker apparently stealing money from a club and fleeing to Mexico, while the club owner, the other members of the band, and the rocker's wife look for him.  The sound is really bad - anything done outside or in a car, etc., is dubbed over from a studio, so the whole movie sounds like it was recorded in one room.  Weak.

I will say this, though - I thought the movie was from around 1992, and it turns out it was from 1987.  So it was ahead of its time.

But that's according to me.  In reality, 1987 the LA rock scene didn't hit Knoxville until about 1991.

Anyway, I'm still wondering why I had this in my queue for 6 years.

Availability: DVD only
Released: 1987
Added to my queue: 6/2/2007
Reason added to my queue: No frickin' idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment