Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

I always loved the revival of this show, which aired when I was in 4th grade.  So, I decided to give the original a chance, and loved it as well.

It is what is referred to as an "anthology" - every episode is a stand-alone vignette, typically a mystery, thriller, or general drama.  Several actors are repeated through the episodes, and they are written by well-known authors such as Ray Bradbury.

Another random tidbit - this is included on Time magazine's list of 100 best television shows of all time.  So that's awesome.

It's really good, from the first episode, where a man decides to take revenge on the person who attacked his wife, to the last episode I've seen, where an aging actor announces he's leaving the business.

Totally recommend.

Released: 1955
Availability: There are 10 seasons.  Seasons 1-3: Streaming; Season 4: DVD.  Not sure about the rest.
Added to my queue: Unknown
Reason added to my queue: Love things like this

No comments:

Post a Comment