Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Funny Games (German)

I saw the American version of this movie in the theater, randomly, with my friend Wendy in NYC.  It was so violent and senseless, we were kind of dumbfounded.

The German version is, based on my recollection, almost exactly the same.  Shot for shot remake.  Even the house feels the same....

The premise is a family arrives at their lake house for a vacation, and as they're settling in, two strangers come over to innocently borrow some eggs for the neighbors' breakfast.  And then it gets messy.

If you like senselessly violent torture thrillers, one of these two movies is for you.  The German one is cool because it's the original, but the American one is in English and (stop me if I'm wrong here because it's been like 6 years since I saw the American one) they're basically the same movie.

Availability of German: DVD and Streaming
Released: 1997
Added to my queue: 5/13/2008
Reason added to my queue: I'm assuming because I had seen the American version.

No comments:

Post a Comment