Sunday, March 24, 2013

Scrubs, Season 2

I was in the middle of watching this season of Scrubs when I learned I was accepted to nursing school.  Something tells me I'll be relying on Scrubs a lot in my life for some much-needed levity about the medical profession, as well as for a comedic take on hospital hierarchy :-/

Anyway, for those of you who haven't watched Scrubs, it's such a good show.  But I'm sure you know other people that have told you that and if you seriously haven't seen it in all the years since it came out, I mean, I'm not wasting my time telling you about it.  I'd rather waste my time packing in all the Netflix I possibly can before I put my nose to the nursing grindstone come fall.

Spoiler Alert - the following is to remind us what happened in Season 2 for when I get Season 3 five years from now:

  • My favorite episode of this season is the first one, My Overkill, which has Colin Hay singing "Overkill" - a lovely song that is now one of my go-to tunes.
  • JD: Now a medical resident, but still pretty far down on the food chain and basically Dr. Cox's whipping boy.  Falls for Elliot again when she is crashing at his place, but she doesn't want to commit (and doesn't know he does want to) and so they are just friends.  Hooks up with the very hot gift shop girl but that doesn't work out because he likes Elliot.  Then hooks up with Tasty Coma Wife Amy Smart, whose comatose husband dies.  So they start dating but she needs drama to fuel romance, so that ends.  His brother Dan (Tom Cavanagh) visits and hits on Elliot and shenanigans ensue.
  • Elliot: has the JD drama, plus starts dating nurse Flowers (Rick Schroeder) but he's controlling and they split after her "I love U2" comment is misconstrued and the relationship goes to the next level on accident.  Gets disowned by her father for not wanting to go into OB/Gyn, so is forced to live in a moving fan for awhile until it gets stolen.  
  • Turk: now a surgical resident, which is better than a medical resident, respect-wise.  But he's still on the bottom of the surgical food chain.  Proposes to Carla, who takes forever to give him an answer; his brother visits and announces he is getting divorced; moonlights at a walk-in clinic to make extra cash. 
  • Carla: gets mad when Turk suggests she become a nurse-practitioner instead of "just" a nurse.  Accepts Turk's proposal.  When her mother dies, she wants to get married right away, but he sweetly shows her she doesn't really want that.
  • Cox: starts sleeping with pregnant ex-wife Jordan, then falls back in love with her.  At the end of the season, JD reveals that Cox is actually the father of Jordan's infant son, which makes Cox end things with her.  She refuses to accept the breakup so they get back together for realsies.
Good stuff.  Ready for Season 3!

Availability: DVD and Streaming
Released: 2002
Reason added to my queue: unknown

2 comments:

  1. Great! Hello there, I discovered your blog by way of Google at the same time as looking for a comparable topic, your web site got here up, it seems to be great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks….scrubs episodenguide Die deutsche Fanseite der US TV-Serie Scrubs. Hier findet ihr einen ausführlichen Episodenguide und alle Infos über die Serie und über die Darsteller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilari,

    Thank you so much! I am so glad you like the blog. You can follow us on Facebook to see when I make new posts if you want!

    https://www.facebook.com/MoviesIWatchedOnNetflix

    Danke!
    Maryellen

    ReplyDelete